Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What to do during the week off?

Smec

Hi,

recently I think I've overexerted some of my muscles and have some other minor issues, so I've decided to take a week off from training. I'm not really sure what to do in this week, should I do some rehab exercises or just rest?

How much time should I take off? I'm not really in pain or anything, I just feel that something isn't entirely right: very slight pain in shoulder, elbow and wrist... not at once after certain exercises (e.g. shoulder hurts after too much handstand work) but it's not the right kind of pain, and usually the same area - i figure it would be wiser to take a few days off now instead of a few weeks later (I train on a daily basis + I'm on a journey to the 6pack so it is possible that I don't take enough nutrients for proper regeneration).

Also one of my hamstrings refuses to stretch, might be a good idea to let it rest for now; so running and other similar activities are probably out of the question for now.

Can anyone offer me some advice?

FREDERIC DUPONT

Long leisurely walks, preferably with your dog, with no cell phone, preferably in a forest or in the country side (the sea shore works well too, and in that case, you can walk with water to mid thighs!), with a long nap in the sun before heading back for a warm shower, a good meal, a full body massage, a good book, a fireplace, and an early night!

Rinse & repeat 7 times... :)

Fred, that does sound like a good week to me!

I had to take a week off a couple of times when I first started training, came from believing that I could do more than I could, simply didn't have the capacity. I found since that I actually NEED to do less than I thought I did and also learning to scale properly is a big help in preventing it.

I usually don't do too much, walk a bit, maybe a bike ride or a light stretching session but mostly sleep. saying that I just spent the last week (this being a week off at the end of my SSC (optional wether you do this)) trapesing around a field getting rained on and listening to loud music whilst drinking far too much and sleeping far too little in a damp tent :/ maybe another week off is in order

Fred :

Thanks, it seems that there are too many high level/difficult exercises in this routine, I may have to scale it :D.

Spinelli:

Probably that's my problem too, its always hard to do less though: strength training with rings is so much fun.

FREDERIC DUPONT
Fred :

Thanks, it seems that there are too many high level/difficult exercises in this routine, I may have to scale it :D. (...)

hehehe, that's true... you can always take the bus back home after your nap... :D