Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Random musing tips.

Nic Branson

Nic Branson

Control..(ala Yoda Control, Control you must learn control) Learn to control and be aware of your body in space.

Worry about what you can do, not what you can't. Work on improving the abilities you have at the level they are at and the rest will come with time.

Train within yourself on any given day. Some days you do not have it, or are slightly injured. Take note and adjust, pushing for the sake of pushing gains you little.

Be skeptical. Question all advice if it does not make sense to you. If the person cannot explain it adequately then do they really know what they are telling you?

Never stop learning.

Do not fix what is not broken. Why change you current training plan drastically if it is working?

Because x,y, and z do it does not mean you should.

Learn to recover. Prioritize this.

It is better to under train then over train. You can add more or adjust for later session. Better to feel like you had a lot more to give then leave the session injured and discouraged.

Do not try to fix everything at once. There is always something to fix and improve. Do not try to fix it all at one time. Often one fix will naturally lead to correction in other areas. Learn how to prioritize your needs.

Never stop with the basics. This is your foundation. Do not forget it. Warm up's anyone?

Ok I think that is enough for now, I do not want to dispense everything and not all at once especially. Just my musings for the morning.

Philip Chubb

Great tips! Though I love the occasional program of overtraining. Sweet dark bulgarian times...

Nic Branson

That is planned over reaching. Not the same. You're a bit more advanced so planning that in is not true over training.

Philip Chubb

Which is exactly what I tell people before they say "hey I want to train 3 times a day plus technical sessions too!" Planned Overreaching it's called then? I'll refer to it as that from now on. Thanks Nic!

Nic Branson

Tension and Relaxation Learn to master both and how to transition from one to the other.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Let me add a few more tips:

- Keep at it: patience and perseverance will do more for you than you imagine.

- Stretch a little bit every day - be conservative in your stretches, more injuries are due to improper or overly ambitious stretching than any other cause (my experience here...)

- Follow one main goal at any given time; for long enough to make visible progress that you can keep.

- Injuring yourself will set you back for much longer than taking the time to build up to an exercise.

- Get a coach, or at least a third party trusted opinion... coaching yourself is the most difficult task ever, period.

........my musings for the evening... ;)

OyvindBirkeland

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare:)