Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hollow body training for planche?

Tavis G

Should i train hollow body on everything like dips, pullups? Will all the hollow body positions training in different pushing/pulling excersizes transfer to better strength for the planche?( better activation of the muscles) I want all the help i can get.

*Edit.

Also how many times a week should i train the planche? And should i do the statics in my warmup? 3X20 tuck, 10 sec lean. Then i progress onto my bent arm strength. Psuedo Planche pushups, hands a little above belly button. 4 sec down 4 sec up. 3X5. Then dips 4X4 weighted. Then pyramid for dips(mass) then core work.

Rik de Kort

Use the standard template. So warmup with a few easy FBE's to get your muscles going, heart rate up a bit, etc. Then skill work. Then FSP for more warmup at 50% of your max time for as many sets as it takes to reach one minute total time. Then FBE's.

Depending on the intensity, you can train as many times as you like. Personally, I think a 3x a week routine with 4 FBE's (vertical pull, vertical push, horizontal pull, horizontal push) and 1-2 leg exercises (push/pull) works best, since it's very focussed.

Right now, your routine has a very glaring lack of pulling which WILL lead to imbalance and very likely injury further along the road. Add in rowing and chinups.

Rik De Kort wrote:

Right now, your routine has a very glaring lack of pulling which WILL lead to imbalance and very likely injury further along the road. Add in rowing and chinups.

Actually, you couldnt be more wrong. I have a 3 day split.

Day 1. My push work and lower back. (hyperextensions)

Day 2. My pull work. Pullups chinups and rows. And a LOT of them. 1 arm chin work every week on this day( 1 day per week)

Day 3. Legs and shoulders. Hspu, full ROM Hspu supersetted with GHR. Then Pistols. Then hill sprints.(im a basketball player with a 36 inch vert so my legs are very explosive.)

I repeat this for 2-3 weeks with no rest, then the 3rd week i take 1 day off after 3 workouts.