Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting Started on Steady State Cycle / WOD

rawatenator

rawatenator

Hey Coach, BTGB rocks! I've been trying some of the exercises for the last few months, and even though I haven't been very consistent, I've made some good gains with HePU/Tuck Plache/Lsit and other stuff.

Now I want to get into a consistent routine, but am a little confused about how I should be training. Infact, one of the reasons I started using BTGB was because of a really cool video I saw on youtube(

), of a guy doing the Steady State cycle of the gymnastic bodies program, but I guess I still don't understand it after reading BTGB.

1. in the book, you outline the SSC for the tuck planche. Does this mean that for the 8 weeks that I'm in that cycle, I ONLY train tuck planche? Or, am I supposed to apply the same principle to several exercises in the same training session: e.g. do 10 sets of tuck planche (6s), then 10 sets of lsit, 10 sets of something else...

2. when designing the workout how do I moderate the intensity:

am I supposed to take my max hold, divide by 2, then do that 10 sets

-OR-

am I supposed to take my max hold, divide by 2, then do 60 / that number of sets. E.g. if my max hold is 30 sec, then each set is 15 sec long, so I should do 4 sets

3. For the last few months, I've made huge gains in certain activities: 0 -> 10 HePU, 10 -> 30 Pullups in a short amount of time without injury. When I design the SSC program for these exercises, should I tone down my program to account for the fact that my body hasn't adapted to these maximums?

4. Should I do a steady state workout or should I do WODs?

Take the time to read every post from the following sticky: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3858

It will help answer your first three questions.

As for the final question, I believe one the best ways to program your routine is to steady state your static exercises and then do the WOD right afterwards. That means, warm up, then SSC, then WOD, then prehab. So in this case, you'll probably only want to steady state around 4 static exercises so you'd have enough strength to complete the WOD.

Rik de Kort

Patrick, could you please just call it 'FSP'. You're doing FSP, with the sets, reps and rest times determined by an SSC. But you're doing FSP. So call it FSP because calling it SSC implies that this is the only time you would use an SSC or something. Which is not necessarily the case.

Patrick, could you please just call it 'FSP'. You're doing FSP, with the sets, reps and rest times determined by an SSC. But you're doing FSP. So call it FSP because calling it SSC implies that this is the only time you would use an SSC or something. Which is not necessarily the case.

Am I patrick :? ?

Excuse the confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

Rik de Kort

Am I patrick :? ?

Excuse the confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, you are Patrick. Patrick Smith will henceforth be referenced to as Paradox, so as to prevent confusion. :P