Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Carryover strength.

Tavis G

Hi guys, i want to know how much strength it takes to do 1 advanced tuck planche pushup in terms of bench pressing.(170-180? im 144.8 lbs 6 ft) I can do 2. Im taking team training next year for school which involves being in the weight room. I will be doing mostly calisthenics, maybe some bench after every 9 weeks to see how strong i got. People will be like"stop with pussy pushups and hop on a bench" i want to WOW them so i can say" all that strength came from pushups and pullups. So they will get off my back so i can go back to my hardcore training. I have 3 months to get as strong as i can. Thanks in advance. :D

Rik de Kort

Well, technically you're moving your bodyweight around, minus the arms. But I really wouldn't know.

There have been several threads discussing planche pushup/planche and its relationship to bench pressing. Try a quick search :)

Evilllamas

I think Coach said a full planche push up, was about equivalent to a 2x body weight bench.

The direction you push in a planche is different to a bench press though- as you're arms are at a diagonal angle, so you also have to use the shoulders a great deal more than in a bench press I imagine.