Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

how often

mattdaly

looking for some advice, I train 3-4 times a week, majority on rings. Part of my routine is doing iron cross with 18kg assistance, I usually do reps for time till I reach a total of 60 sec. It is usually 5 sets to get there. Want I would like to know is there any reason that I shouldn't be training IC's that often? I don't feel any pain in elbow or tendons that gives signs of any danger of injury. I also do straight arm flyes with legs supported that I do almost as often, once again no feeling of elbow pain. What do people have for advice?

Rik de Kort

What are your goals? How long have you been training? What skills have you achieved? Stats (ie. height, weight, age)? What does the rest of your routine look like (sets, reps)?

It's impossible to help you with your routine if we don't know anything about you.

my workouts consist usually of this.

iron cross(18kg assist) 5 sets of 12 sec, staright arm flyes 3 by 10 reps, pull ups 3 sets 10 reps, hspups (lower down with shoulders touching par bar) 5 sets 5 reps, front lever 5 sets 12 sec holds, 3 setsdip to l-sit hold (10 sec) by 5 reps. My planche training has really only just begun. I have been consistantly doing gymnastic workouts now for 3 months. Before that I have been doing free weights with a tiny bit of body weight stuff for the last 21 years. I'm 36, 5ft 2in and weight is 62kg. I am currently the fittest i have been for at least 15 years! And have got far more out of gymnast workouts than free weights. I look fitter and feel stronger than ever!