Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post-cycle rest

Gym777

I have a question about rest time following the training cycle - how long should it be and how to structure it (specific prehab work etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

I am a bit confused by your question.

Are you asking how long to rest after your main strength training workout (i.e., a daily WOD) before moving on to the pre-hab elements?

If so, I think everyone's answers may vary. I recommend that you should rest as long as it is needed before you know you can perform the pre-hab elements with perfect form. Don't jump right into them after an intense WOD, because you might just enforce bad movements if you're too tired to do things correctly. Whether it takes 3 minutes, 5 minutes, or more...rest until you can perform the pre-hab with perfect form.

Does that help?

Thanks for the answer!

But actually I've meant days following the ~2-month training cycle - how many days should I rest before starting a new cycle and should I rest completely or perform some training?

Rik de Kort

The cycle, if performed correctly, already has 'rest' built right in: during the last week will almost certainly be performing the exercises like they're nothing.

Thanks for the answer!

But actually I've meant days following the ~2-month training cycle - how many days should I rest before starting a new cycle and should I rest completely or perform some training?

Ah, I see. Like the other guys said, the last couple of weeks in an SSC cycle will be very easy and you'll feel like you're not working. The beauty of SSC cycles is that these final weeks allow your nervous system to rejuvenate and consolidate your new gains.

If you perform with the SSC correctly (i.e., consistently and not jumping from progression to progression with different reps and sets), then there is no need to take time off before starting the new cycle. Once the cycle ends, the next workout day you test your new maxes. I might be a good idea to take 3 or 4 days off after that to let the CNS recuperate from the max testing. Then you can immediately start up the next SSC cycle.

Cheers.