Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

palms facing out

mattdaly

when i move my hands to palms out (hands facing away from me with thumbs pointing side ways, sorry best way i can describe it!) I feel that it is harder to hold and more strain on biceps. My question is this; is that normal to be feeling more pressure due to the change of hold and there is more pressure on the upper arms or is is because I'm still a novice on the rings and not used to this hold yet? any advice on this would be great, thanks in advance!

Yes, any thing on the rings with your palms facing out should put a good deal of strain on your biceps, particularly if your'e a novice. Remember to progress slowly, every few weeks maybe turn your hands out a little more. If you proceed without any caution, you WILL injure your elbow. Be careful! :)

thanks for advice will def take it easy no way i want to hurt something (who does!)i am only do it when i come out of a dip and when doing an l-sit if i do for reps i only do palms out for first 3 rep of 6 say as i start to feel more strain so i stop doing the movement so not to get an injury.

Julian Aldag

If rings turned out is putting too much strain on the Biceps, I recommend doing a SSC of front support RTO on the rings to strengthen the bicep.

Also how is your German Hang on rings (Palm facing down)?