Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rhomboid stretch

anhkun

David Picó García

Try this.

You'll need a stall bar. Stand with back on the stall bar. Put your feet on a bar legs opened. Now put both hands (but one at a time if you don't want to fall :wink: ) on the bar at level of your groin (that's with your hands between your legs). And now with straight legs simply go down with your head until it is at your feet level and your arms are fully straight. Let your torse fall but firmly catch the bar with your hands. At that position your middle back muscles will be really streched.

Wrapping one arm around and trying to catch the scapula and pull it, or just grabbing at the triceps and pulling the arm across the body about chin level.

Using a strap or stretch band, grab and rotate the chest in towards the band. Bands are really great for this one as they pull back in very nice way.

Horse face pose from yoga - no need to do the leg portion of the pose, just do it standing or sitting

qtfdO.jpg

Wrapping one arm around and trying to catch the scapula and pull it, or just grabbing at the triceps and pulling the arm across the body about chin level.

Using a strap or stretch band, grab and rotate the chest in towards the band. Bands are really great for this one as they pull back in very nice way.

Horse face pose from yoga - no need to do the leg portion of the pose, just do it standing or sitting

qtfdO.jpg

i dont quite understand the 2nd one but i can really feel a good stretch from the last one. cant get my arm fully wrapped around yet , but i can feel a deep stretch just reaching for it. cheers :D

Sorry on the second one, that was a very brief sketch.

If you stand near a doorway and grab the doorjamb at arms length with one hand, facing the doorway. Lean back a little letting the scaps protract, keep that lean and then turn your chest in towards your arm any amount.

If you do it with a stretch band the pull on the scaps is intensified as you let the lower traps and rhomboids relax, but it's similar holding a doorjamb, stall bars or a strap attached to something. The strap and band are great because you can really play around with the angle of attack.