Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me understand straight arm support on rings

seiyafan

Because of the hyper-extension of my elbow, during XR support and PL, should I strive for a visually straight arm with lots of control or push the way to the end? (I am talking about 10 degrees of hyper-extension)

Im far from the most knowledgeable person to give you advice, but from what I know and being someone with pretty decent hyper-extension as well, I believe you are still required to fully lock the elbow out. Almost straight is still not 100% straight. Apparently hyper-extension can become a problem when training advanced strength skills, and maybe if you're abnormally hyper-extended, you should take things slower. But I for one always fully lock my elbows out when I train straight arm movements. Don't know if that helps

I have some degree of hyperextension in my elbows too and I always lock my arms for straight arm work too. It is more difficult than having it slightly bent to look straight.

Yeah, that's the problem. I feel that if I put a lot of weight on my locked elbow it's gonna snap and bones might pop out. The joint is just not strong enough to handle that much weight.

Ian Myers
Yeah, that's the problem. I feel that if I put a lot of weight on my locked elbow it's gonna snap and bones might pop out. The joint is just not strong enough to handle that much weight.

If you feel any pain, stop immediately and watch slizzardmans bicep tendon video. (its easy to find on youtube, just go to the slizzardman channel)

Thanks. Actually I have been doing planche lean on rings with RTO and it felt pretty effectively.

FREDERIC DUPONT
(...) it's gonna snap and bones might pop out.

That would not be good... Please be careful! :)