Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche Questions

Blazzy

First of all I wana say that I started my planche training 7 months ago,I was only able to hold a poor tuck planche(only lifting myself from the floor,hips very low).At this moment I am able to hold a tuck planche for 16s good form.I am doing 7 sets of 8s hold and 1 set of 4s hold to reach a 60s hold.I started training a new method 4 months ago,my tuck planche was 12s max divided by 2 and I have done 10 sets of 6s and after 8 weeks tested my max again,this monday I will test my max again and I will see how much I have improved.Is this a good method to improve my tuck planche?Should I test my max earlier like 4 weeks?Should I keep training my tuck until I am able to hold it for a solid 60s and after move to advanced?

Rik de Kort

If I'm reading it correctly, you're performing a steady state cycle, which is an excellent way of improving your performance. Just make sure you spend some time in the under-load phase, though.

If I'm reading it correctly, you're performing a steady state cycle, which is an excellent way of improving your performance. Just make sure you spend some time in the under-load phase, though.

Can you explain me what is under-load phase?

Rik de Kort

It's where you perform the prescribed exercises, but feel like they're easy. This means your muscles are up to the task. However, you need to get your connective tissues to catch up as well, so that's why you keep performing the same exercises, even though you could do more. Anyway, it's explained in the book. You should get it. ;)

I think there's also some neurological benefit ("marking the move"), but that's speculation from my side.

It's where you perform the prescribed exercises, but feel like they're easy. This means your muscles are up to the task. However, you need to get your connective tissues to catch up as well, so that's why you keep performing the same exercises, even though you could do more. Anyway, it's explained in the book. You should get it. ;)

I think there's also some neurological benefit ("marking the move"), but that's speculation from my side.

What do you think about testing my max every 8 weeks it is good ? or should I test it after 1 month?

Rik de Kort

What do you think about testing my max every 8 weeks it is good ? or should I test it after 1 month?

Here's a thread with lots of info on the SSC. However, I see no reason to test it every month as the recommended minimum duration of an SSC is 8 weeks, so there would be no point in testing halfway since you're not moving up anyway.