Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

dip progression

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

there is another exercise after the weigthed nulgarian dips on the rings?

now i can do one of it with 27.5 kg...there is a way to make it harder? or progress to somthing more difficult?

thanks fot the answer

Alessandro Mainente

in this way more horizzontal i can go, more near to the maltese i'll be...rigth?

In addition to those, how about the planche dips and one arm dips? An iron cross pull to support is like a straight arm version of a dip or Bulgarian Dip.

I thought planche dips were from bent arm support and then press to straight arm planche. How are maltese dips like again?

Rik de Kort

Oh, I thought planche dips were defined as assuming planche position and then just dipping up and down without changing body angle with respect to the ground. That's what maltese dips are.

Niels Joergensen

there are lots of opportunities here for either BA or SASS. Bower variations/ handstand pushup variations would be a good choice!

Joshua Naterman
Oh, I thought planche dips were defined as assuming planche position and then just dipping up and down without changing body angle with respect to the ground. That's what maltese dips are.

Planche dips move you from a vertical to a horizontal body position.

Maltese dips could also be called pelicans, if you are really looking at bent arm BL to PL, passing through bent arm maltese. A true Maltese dip doesn't really exist as such, but would really be GH -> bent arm maltese -> planche which of course would involve a serious biceps curl.

Alessandro Mainente

i think i'll go for pelicans progression, now i can do it from backward roll, i enter in a low maltese with bent arms (the body is always under the rings in this position, and hips at shoulders level) and from here i press to planche througth bent arm maltese...now i do it only in advanced tuck position...when i'll can arrive in low maltese and press in pseudo maltese with straigth body i'll started to try it from inverted hang eliminating the roll also if now is to a minimum

very hard, without doubt