Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Endurance and max strength

Razz

Is it possible to train endurance and max strength in the same workout for the same muscles? If yes how would you set it up?

thanks for the reply, i have though read this already and the hierarchy section is unfinished. What i was wondering is just if u train for max strength and after that train endurance, if you would kinda "overwrite" the max strength work by training endurance and not get the max benefits. Hope i'm clear with what i'm trying to say :)

Dude.. exactly like it says. Put your endurance after your strength.

You will NOT get max benefits. If you had an optimal routine for endurance and strength and you get like a 10 out of 1-10 scale for doing a strength routine or endurance routine.

If you combine something you only get a fraction of the results.. so like 6-7 or so on a scale. And obviously, you're going to cut parts of each out because each strength and endurance stand alone workout would be enough by itself; you can't do 1-2 hrs of strength and then 1-2 hrs of conditioning later.... unless you have no life.

Don't. Sounds like a great way to cause a lot of DOMS and of course just confusion in general.

If you were trying to train your muscles in one certain motor recruitment pattern ( especially in the power/pure strength ) why would you switch off to low intensity/endurance in the same session.

Guest Valentin

Hi

Even though you have reached the right conclusion i will add my 2c. Like Braindx said if you combine the 2 forms of exercises you will get poor results and you could very likely loose strength.

Strength and power in one workout are good. Endurance should always be trained separately. If you a strength power athletes endurance training should be entirely avoided in most cases.

Strength and power can be done together effectively. They blur and overlap. You're not gonna get much out of working plyometrics at the end of a workout.

Basically power before pure strength. They both really blur where one starts and the other begins and where each stop. Both will be crap after endurance, however.