Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Developing Muscles

Josh Calder

Josh Calder

Hey Guys

I've just tested myself and advanced to a tuck BL and tuck FL, 10second hold each.

I find that I get a burning/pulling sensation in my left elbow when I do both.

I'm just not sure whether or not this is from my muscles getting used to a new

exercise or if I'm actually doing damage.

Can anyone help me in regards to this? I can hold the BL and FL fine, it doesn't effect

me so much that I have to stop, however it is uncomfortable.

Also, I've been doing statics/WOD 4 times a week. I've been noticing in a lot of articles

that 2-3 times for normal people is sufficient and 4 may be overtraining.

I am fit, but I'm deffinately not a gymnast. Is this a case of just exercising depending on how

my body feels? Aim for three and If I feel like I can do a fourth day, do a fourth day?

looking forward to the responses!

i don't know what your workout/exercise backround is like but if you are feeling that in your elbow i would recommened scaling down to where you were before, doing prehab and perhaps more voume in the scaled back versions will probably be your best betm, although i am not one of the best to ask but that is what i think

Joshua Naterman

Agreed. Make the moves easier. Only come down about 10-15 degrees from vertical, don't try to stay horizontal. Build that up to 60s and then lower down another 15 degrees or so, build back up to 60s, and so on.

If you haven't even done inverted hands and dead hangs, go read the pre-requisite threads and start working on those.

Josh Calder

I have done inverted hangs and dead hangs, I'm going to give what you said a go (working my way up to horizontal.)

Thanks guys!

Joshua Naterman
I have done inverted hangs and dead hangs, I'm going to give what you said a go (working my way up to horizontal.)

Thanks guys!

Work on some hangs after your FL and BL sets, you will want to keep your grip endurance up and the stretches from the hangs help keep you flexible.