Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

rope climbging/form

Ian Legrow

Regardless of the technique used for the ascent, I generally focus on cirques during the descent.

Hey Everyone. This is a quote from Coach in the Cirque Thread. After watching serval youtube videos then watching the video in teh cirque thread, hearing the critiques given to me and reding the quote above i am slightly confused. Does it matter if i just pull myself up the rope with my arms? I have been told its best to get into a hollow position and grip the rope at chest anbd face area and continue climbing the rope that way, if so why? after the quote above and seeing many videos i am now confused. Maybe i have taken the quote above out of context, and maybe its silly to go by videos on youtube considering a lot of them are poor form anyway. Am i over thinking this?

thabnks in advance

-Ian

ONe weird thing i have nticed with the face t chest pulling is it seems to be more strain on my elbows. Where as when i pull with just my arms i barley feel it in my elbows at all. Happy to know i am not the only one who wonders this Zach. Maybe i will practice both as well

Philip: what do you mean full rom?

Thats what i was afraid of. So i Guess i will limit my climbing to one time up and down 3 or 4 times a week until that tendon gets strengthed. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you, huh? :lol:

Philip Chubb

Philip: what do you mean full rom?

I reach as far up as I can with my hand and pull as far up as I can. Then repeat with the other hand on top. I am working toward doing it one arm at a time.

What do you mean with chest/face?