Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will Programming for Training Static Holds work with Trainin

wallcrawler

wallcrawler

JUst wondered of this would be viable:

So to figure programming for static holds, test max hold time, divide by 2 (for hold times you will use for training), divide 60 (seconds) by this number to get the number of sets you will hold for (so total time for all holds would equal 60 seconds). Train this 4 days a week for 8-12 weeks then re-test for max hold time and begin again. This is per Coach in his book.

My question is: could you test max REPS, divide that by 2 (to get # of reps you will use in each set), divide 60 by this number to get number of sets (or just use 5 sets as it is standard for strength training) and train this for 8-12 weeks, then re-test for max reps and begin again? Would this be viable for increasing reps significantly for dynamic movements?

Kyle Devlin

There have been a couple topics addressing this, so I'll try to reiterate a bit from them since I don't remember the exact topics.

The SSC is correct to use for FSP, and you have it just about on dot on how to program them.

The SSC is NOT correct for FBE. You will find it more beneficial to work to a level of intensity then begin adding volume. Simply to say. Strive for 5x5 reps for a FBE that will assure that you have mastered the movement.

FBEs are typically high leverage, so there isn't much need to condition the tissue that the SSC works amazingly to do.

wallcrawler

So you are saying DO use the steady state protocol to get to where I can do 5x5 (ex. with chin ups) and THEN stay at that same set/rep scheme and begin adding weight systematically?