Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

L-sit Questions

wallcrawler

wallcrawler

I have the book and want to train L-sits. Just a few questions:

1. What kind of split should I do (i.e.: how often)?

2. Am I shooting for max time? If so, what is ultimate max time? In other words, is there a certain amount of time to hold an L-sit that would be where I wouldn't try to go beyond? Example: Once I get to 2 minutes, I would then just do 2 minute holds instead of trying to keep adding time to that? I mean I don't suppose I'm going to continue trying to increase the time n the hold up to an hour or more!

3. What is the best way to increase time in the holds systematically? Just hold for max time and do x amount of sets with x amount of rest between? If so, how many sets and how much rest?

4. Do I ever add incremental weights into the mix as you would with Stall Bar leg raises?

5. As far as the progressions go, should I stay in a strict L-Sit PB tuck until I can do this for a certain time before trying to go on to the next progression or am I always trying to push as hard as I can into whatever step in the progression I can manage?

6. In the book, it says "holding the horizontal L-sit for substantial time will be a major milestone..." What is considered 'substantial'?

Thanks for any help!