Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to assemble the exercises to a complete program?

Makaveli

I have bought your book "Building the gymnastic body" but I can't figure out how I should combine the exercises in the book with the steady state program. For example, if I do pull-up variations on monday, 3 x 5 for each exercise, how many pull-up variations should I perform? Is 3-4 pull-up exercises enough? I find it hard to assembling all the exercises to a complete program. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Matth Challoner
I have bought your book "Building the gymnastic body" but I can't figure out how I should combine the exercises in the book with the steady state program. For example, if I do pull-up variations on monday, 3 x 5 for each exercise, how many pull-up variations should I perform? Is 3-4 pull-up exercises enough? I find it hard to assembling all the exercises to a complete program. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

If you are doing pulling on Mondays you should choose two different exercises and do the variation you are capable of, for example:

row variation: front lever row- tuck

pull-up: wide grip behind

You would do these exercises after your fsp

Hope it helps

I thought every training day would be a full body workout with pulling, rowing, pushing, legwork and core? Because of my job and family I have`nt got time to train 5-6 times a week. I have been training with weight for 16 years but I`m completely new to this gymnastic training.

you could do it all in one day, or you could do four days of upper pushing, upper pulling, lower body, and core. For the upperbody pushing day you could do

warmup and fsp

pushup variation

dip variation

handstand or vertical push variation

• 2 weeks later...

for myself i took a pulling WOD, pushing WOD and a lower body WOD i liked and did each one once a week for 2 months,

trying to achieve the announced repetitions numbers and improve the FSPs from week to week

after that i made a regular 3 days workout split - monday 3 pushing exercises - 2 pulling -> isometric chin holds and one arm pull ups - (3 sets, 6-8 reps)by taking only the exercises ( FBE) and took those exercises which allowed me to stay in a challenging repetition range - for example: if i was able to do 3x 8-10 reps on pseudo planche pushups i replaced the exercise within the routine with XR pseudo planche push up, and so on..

concerning the FSBs i try to incorporate them as a part of my warm up in each workout, but i don't do em too often in order to prevent fatigue and over training.

hope i could help you a little

Read page 178 in the book about integrated training. Thats what I started out with and it worked realy well. I did that for about 6 months (or so cant remeber exactly) I then started to follow the Wods.