Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some questions about nerve injury

Erin  Roepke

Erin  Roepke

I haven't actually been to a doctor for this, so I can't be sure what it is, but a nurse examined me and said I probably displaced a nerve in my elbow while wrestling. This happened a few days ago and actually I've rested and iced it and it is feeling a lot better, but I just wondered if anyone had any information on this type of injury? Is this nerve thing the kind of injury that will happen more likely if it's already happened once? (Or is that all injuries in general?) And are there any specific exercises that will keep this kind of injury from occuring, or is it just about strength training so you can handle more strain on your joints and things? Thanks for the help!

Joshua Naterman

No way to tell you. There is no actual information in what you have posted.

All you can do to protect your joints is try and make sure that you don't rush forward too quickly with strength training and do specific joint prehab.

Nerve injuries can be bad, but yours sounds fine. You may not even have actually or tweaked a nerve at all, but even if you did it isn't anything to worry about because you are already getting better. Do what you can to strengthen everything around the elbows. doing all of your pull ups and rows with ropes is a pretty good start. The next thing to do would be resisted pronation and supination with both bent and straight elbows.