Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Muscle Up! Thanks to Matthew!

norbeex3

Hello Guys!

I just wanted to let you know that after a few years of training, I already had my back lever, Front Lever( scaps retracted),PB HSPU and some really nice stuff, but the muscle-up just seemed unreachable. Read everything about it in the book, went trough every topic in the forum, and tried to apply all of Coach's and everybody else's tips but it just didn't come.

After giving up hope, I came by a video by a forum member: Matthew - teaching a muscle-up.

I decided to give it one last shot because he offered a different technique from the others.

The method was to use a chair for the foot to give yourself leverage, and first try negatives this way.

What can I say? they were freaking hard this way too. First few times I fell trough the transition, but the hope came to me again when I could force myself trough the transition slowly for one time. This has never happened before and I felt that this method has potential.

So continued training negatives, after some time I stopped for static holds in various stages of the transition, to build strength. Then I could do real concentric muscle ups while the chair is holding up my foot. After training these again for a month, on evening I just gave it a shot and guess what?! I JUST DID ONE! Slow, controlled. Well I had to lean a good bit, but still, no kip at all. I'm so happy now! Thank You matthew!

The thing is that, this new different method can work for others to if they are struggling with it, and with the chair negatives, you will feel the progress.

I have one question tough. After doing three of them, my radius and ulna in my forearm just started to hurt pretty much and I do not dare to do muscle-ups again now, injury is no good :(

Is this normal that my radius and ulna in my forearm hurts from these? Because in the muscle up the are between the hands and the elbow, its like you pushing them down in an unnatural position.

Here is the video:

yUKHjMmJbLY

have one question tough. After doing three of them, my radius and ulna in my forearm just started to hurt pretty much and I do not dare to do muscle-ups again now, injury is no good

Is this normal that my radius and ulna in my forearm hurts from these? Because in the muscle up the are between the hands and the elbow, its like you pushing them down in an unnatural position.

Anyone have came by this kind of problem? or some toughts?