Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Iterating Handstand

Kyle Devlin

Okay, so.. For the last couple of Weeks handstands have been awful. A couple Weeks ago I actually began working with straight body, and I feel like I had to hit the restart button to do so. I did, but I've been so iterated with handstands lately.

I can hold a stomach to wall HS for well over a minute with my hands 3-4 inches away. So I've figured that its okay to begin free standing work. I work on free standing handstands every night, some nights for a long time and others for a short time. Its dependent on how I feel.

I sometimes can hold for 10-15 seconds and sometimes I fall right out. I've been so iterated that sometimes I feel like punching a wall after I fall out of my HS. The question is, to work on progress, would it be best to work on free standing for a bit of time so jumping into a HS is easier. Then finish with a lot of time on the wall, alternative my feet off.

The answer seems so simple, but I'm just angry with my inability to learn and adapt. I also could use an increase in moral because its awful to feel like I haven't progressed an inch over the past couple of Weeks and maybe months.

Okay, so.. For the last couple of Weeks handstands have been awful. A couple Weeks ago I actually began working with straight body, and I feel like I had to hit the restart button to do so. I did, but I've been so iterated with handstands lately.

Normal.

I can hold a stomach to wall HS for well over a minute with my hands 3-4 inches away. So I've figured that its okay to begin free standing work. I work on free standing handstands every night, some nights for a long time and others for a short time. Its dependent on how I feel.

Try stay more close to wall every training. Increase in duration is also important. Do a SSC. Test your max and bla bla bla. When you hit 60s try go off the wall.

I sometimes can hold for 10-15 seconds and sometimes I fall right out. I've been so iterated that sometimes I feel like punching a wall after I fall out of my HS. The question is, to work on progress, would it be best to work on free standing for a bit of time so jumping into a HS is easier. Then finish with a lot of time on the wall, alternative my feet off.

Instead of finish on the wall, do stomach to wall in your warm up, then do the main thing, free holds.

The answer seems so simple, but I'm just angry with my inability to learn and adapt. I also could use an increase in moral because its awful to feel like I haven't progressed an inch over the past couple of Weeks and maybe months.

Don't be angry brother. We born to learn, then die, then born again to learn more and on and on. More we learn better, but no one said that was easy. Be calm and patient and you'll reach your goals. Sometimes we have to take a step back to take two forward. And c'mon: that's JUST a handstand, no more no less. We have many more problems in life than that, isn't? 8)