Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pain retracting scapula

Bryce Warren

I've got pain on my left side around the lower-middle/bottom section of my scapula whenever I retract my scapula. Sometimes it doesn't bother me much but others it gets pretty brutal (right now for instance). I'm not sure what's causing it so if I could get some ideas on what might be doing this maybe I can figure it out and start fixing the issue. I can't really describe the type of pain, it's not shooting or sharp it's just flat out pain. The more I retract the more painful it gets. So any help would be excellent :lol:

I have kind of the same issue and in my case it relates to bad posture. I had/have hyperkyphosis which causes a muscle induration in that area. After getting massages it got a lot better, but only for a short time. Therefore i am trying now to fix my posture. Did you get this recently or did you have it for quite some time?

I've had it for quite some time, either I just never paid attention to it because I got used to it, or it randomly went away for a while then came back. I'm not sure which one it is but today it was pretty bad so I decided to ask about it instead of ignoring it. I always considered myself to have pretty good posture. I rarely ever slouch, I don't sit for extended periods, so I'm not too sure what's going on. I'm considering a mobility/strength issue in my scapula but I'm not positive.