Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted Handstand Pushups

sclarkson1

Hi all, I have only posted a couple times, but I do have a quandry. Does anybody here do weighted hspu? I am doing them with my feet against the wall, but I have only just started in to them. I like the way they feel, but what would they do for you? Is there any tips you can give me? Any advice would be appreciated. Thx in advance.

:D

Joshua Naterman
but what would they do for you?

Make you stronger?

+1, but stronger in the position you are training only. If you have a good straight body with no back arch, you'll get stronger in shoulders, triceps, and upper traps. If you are arching you'll get stronger in front delts and pecs, which will actually make it harder to develop a good HSPU that actually helps balance the shoulder girdle.

How is your form? Video would be nice to see, but the important thing is that YOU know what you are doing!

Alvaro Antolinez

Is the HSPU full rom? I mean, in paralletes so your hands touch (or are close to ) your hands? or just your head is touching the ground?. If so, you must progress and increase your rom before adding weight.

i think you should probably try and do a ful ROM HSPU without a wall before you considered doing a weighted vest. Thats just my opinion.

... Does anybody here do weighted hspu? I am doing them with my feet against the wall, but I have only just started in to them. I like the way they feel, but what would they do for you? Is there any tips you can give me? ...

At this point in your development increasing both HSPU ROM and the ability to perform free balancing HSPU are far more important than adding weight to a wall supported HeSPU.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

There are much easier ways to increase the difficulty of HSPU than adding weight

And also far more productive in terms of absolute strength developed.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer