Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seperated shoulder

Ian Legrow

Hey everyone,

I have a question. 8 Years ago my sister fell out of the back of a van and separated her shoulder. She went to the Dr's a couple of weeks later and the DR said on a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the worst) my sister had about a three. The Dr. said, although it sounded bad, a three really wasn't that bad. UNforunately eight years later she is still in a lot of pain, so much so it has made it so that she cannot turn her neck to the left. She said that the pain is under her shoulder blade.

The problem i am running into is i have suggested everything i know how to suggest for her. Ihave done a lot of reseach about tendons, scar tissue and everything in between and nobody in my family will listen to what i have to say only becasue tyhe Dr have not found anything wrong with her yet.

My question, should i just stop suggesting things? I have suggested ART and self Myofasical relase, should stretching, dislocates, heat packs as well as hot and cold water alternating in the shower. Have i suggested everythihg nessicary? Or should i just leave it alone becasue she does not want tolisten anyway

Find a good sports PT. Or a good sports chiro that knows ART or something like that.

Other than that, upper body mobility work. Doesn't even really have to be with super cute pink DB. I prefer rope versus stick because it gives a bit. A belt works just the same.

So YWTF or LYTP's. Shoulder pass through's. Cuban presses and wall slides. SMR. Theraband work. Massage.

The fact that it's limiting mobility in her neck means some muscle is either tight/weak.

Cole and Blairbob,

thank you very mucH! I have recommeneded every type of of shoulder rehab to her. She would not take it unfortunately. But thankfully, she got her MRI back and the DR recommeneded that she do everything that i have been suggesting. Kind of pisses me off that nobody took me seriously when i told them all what she needed to do to feel better, but now that she has DR. orders to do what i have been recommending, i don't have to worry about it. Thank you again everyone!

p.s she lives in MA and i live in TX so thankfuly i don't have to hear her complaining daily :wink:

-Ian

Ian don't let that get to you, it happens all the time to everyone. Just keep being there and be patient.