Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Inverted Pull Technique

Bobby B

Just need to iron out the correct technique for inverted pulls

- As you pull up from the bottom position, should you be pulling up so that the hands move in-line with the body in a vertical motion?

- In BTGB the picture of the demonstrating gymnast has his neck bent almost 45 degrees looking upward toward the ceiling. Is this the correct way to do it? Should the back stay straight with the neck bent looking upward or should the back and neck remain aligned in a vertical position so that you are looking horizontally across (instead of upward) throughout the whole movement

Thank you

I've always done it with the neck bent like you describe. If anything, it helps with balance so you can judge where your feet are. If you're looking out to the horizon, it's harder to judge yourself. I don't think it's so much the neck position that matters as it is to keep a straight back and tense your core, like in a front lever.

I, however, don't really understand your first question. When i do curls, my hands follow down my thigh and end at my hips/obliques when I pull up. My elbows will flare out directly behind towards my back, but not out to the side. Maybe this answers your question?

Looking at your toes just helps with balance. It doesn't really matter that much technically.

so that the hands move in-line with the body in a vertical motion?
Triquetrum, it sounds like he is talking about keeping the rings neutral.

Yeah I just wasn't sure whether the hands remain in the same position as your body moves vertically or whether the hands move in front in a curling movement.

Thanks for the input guys