Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hollow hold substitute?

kazeboom

I had a bad motorcycle accident years ago and i crushed my pelvis and broke my sacrum off. They screwed everything back together, however they had to do a laminectomy on my sacrum. That area is very painfully sensitive and always has been. There's a lot of discomfort pressing against the floor when I attempt the hollow hold. Is there a substitute exercise/exercises that I can do for my core until if and when my back becomes less sensitive?

Plank is a good starting point.

You can also do hollow hold stomach to the floor.

My hats off to you for carrying on after an injury like that, you've got my respect.

To do the prone hollow hold:

Lay on stomach, face down.

Squeeze your butt by tensing your glutes. Point your toes (why not). I could care less what you do with your arms really but let's say you pretend you are in a HS by lying them in front of your head outstretched.

Now pull your belly button off the floor. This requires tilting your pelvis.

Another thought is to work the body lever starting at just holding a candlestick/shoulderstand with the body inverted.

Properly plank hold sounds good too.

Thanks for adding the description BlairBob.

Only problem with candlestick/bodylever is starting and coming down it may be hard to avoid hitting the scarum at least at first.

Why not try to do it while hanging from the pullup bar, rings, whathaveyou? Obviously it's not quite the same as doing it on the floor but I think you can get 90% of the similar effort out of it. Plus you get a nice stretch out of it at the same time.