Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pain in HSPUs

JohnCFWC

Hoping somebody has had some experience with an issue I've been dealing with. For the past few months every time I do HSPUs or any overhead pressing for that matter, I've had pain and weakness in my shoulders. The pain is fairly sharp and seems to be right in the epicenter of the joint. It begins as soon as I lower into the movement and is worst at the very bottom. I've tried rest, Ido's shoulder series, glucosamine/chondroitin, ice, aggressive external rotation, different hand positions, super long warmups...all have helped very slightly with the pain but nothing has improved the weakness. I was able to perform 20 straight HeSPUs last summer and now struggle for 5-8. My barbell shoulder press 1RM is significantly down as well. Ironically, I experience no pain or weakness in pushups, bench press, dips, etc. Does this sound at all familiar to anyone? If so, what course of action seemed to help? I'm quite alarmed by this and know I should see a doctor, and will, but I'd like to have some idea of what I'm dealing with in the meantime.

Thanks for any and all responses in advance

J

I forgot to mention that static handstand, cast wall walks, and walking on hands cause no issues at all. The pain doesn't start until I begin descending into the actual HSPU.

Thanks

J