Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

simple question simple answer about lever

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

Hi to everyone looking in the web exepcially on youtube i can se many guys doing planche puush up with overweigth...

i admitt that i'm not a teacher talking a bout the lever but i think that the planche as the front lever are 2 disadvantageous levers...

correc me if i'm wrong..

in the planche the fuclum in wich there is the rotation are the wrists

the power in over the insertion of the biggest muscle involved (i think delts) so in the upper part of the homerus

and the resistsance is the legs/feet

analyzing what i have done until now i started from an easy lever situation as the planche (mmm i can say easy now, i'ts always disadvantageous) and when i become more proficient in this position i started to extend my hips and after my legs so the disadvantageous is increasing and i have to lean forward more in every variations..

so i can say that if i put more weigth so that my disadvantageous lever increaese, the movements will be much difficult...in this way when i have reached the full planche the only way to improve is make the lever even more disadvantageous and i think you can do by elongating your legs :D:D:D:D:D:D or in a similar way by adding weigth to the far part of my legs...

so my question is simple...why some guys use an overweigth over the shoulders??! this not makes sense!!!

i want to be more proficient in front lever i don't put overweigth on my shoulders but in my ankles...

i think it's only an illusion of become more stronger...the reality is that you dont' make your lever's arm more difficult!!!

is wrong what i'm saying?

thanks for your time

A counter-balance weight placed on the shoulders makes the planche easier. It is however rather awkward with most equipment options available; nor does it address the importance of focusing on full scapular protraction during planche work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Well i do weighted full planche with both weighted vest and ankle weight.

The harder is of course with ankle weight, the furthest part of the lever.

But adding a weighted vest does not make it easier at all.

With a weighted vest i can work more my arms, whereas with ankle it's more the core wich is targeted. :)