Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Plank and oblique questions

Benjamin Fisher

Benjamin Fisher

So I realize this is more basic than most, but...

I've been alternating doing straightforward planks on my hands, planks where my hands are on a ball, and planks where my legs are on a ball (and thus elevated). the planks where my hands are on the ball are by far the most difficult for me. But I don't know if one of these variations is most ideal for my eventual (hopeful) development of gymnastic skills?

Also I have a hard time hitting my obliques with most exercises... Is there anything better than side planks? Preferably relatively low level since that's where I am (I think).

Many thanks!

-Ben

Michael Miskelly

In addition to windshield wiper variations look up saxon side bends. You can start light and build up to heavy weights on them over time so they are easy to scale.

As the others said, windshield wipers, or if you have the facilities, some of the other oblique exercises (due to space I can barely even do windshield wipers!)

But I recommend doing L sit as well, even if you can't hold it for very long, as it's great for the core overall, including the obliques (mine have definatly got bigger, if nothing else since starting them- and I do no specific oblique work)

• 3 months later...
Are Archups(circular) done in both directions one time each count as 1 repetition?

As far as iunderstand, archups you do one side each for one rep. But the circular ones, one circle in either direction is obne rep, then you go back the other way and thats the second rep