Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder Position for inlocates/dislocates

Jon Dorsey

Hi, I was wondering whether the shoulders should be covering the ears (elevated like in a handstand) or pulled tight into the socket during inlocates and dislocates with a stick, when dislocating to a handstand from manna, and when inlocating to a german hang on rings (or a bar). Is there a difference for the 3 of them? In general during pressing I like to keep the shoulder elevated and during pulling I keep it down in the socket, so I don't know if that would mean that the shoulder positions change for inlocates/dislocates. Thanks.

During these pass thrus, elevate the shoulders at the top.

I suspected that would be the answer, since my shoulders seem more flexible in that position. How do I condition the shoulders to hold to my weight during the pass thru in an elevated position (for a slow inlocate)? Right now when I do it, if my shoulders are not pulled in tight, it's extremely uncomfortable. I'm not seriously concerned with developing the aforementioned skills (and I know that I should not until I lay a foundation of more basic strength and flexibility), this is more of a thought experiment. I'm just very interested with the finer details of gymnastic movements.