Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help! The correct position in the L-Sit

SuperMario

Hi everyone...

I found a post by Coach Sommer on the correct position of the L-Sit:

"As for performance guidelines, a "good" L-sit requires that you push your hips forward as you do the L. This increases the difficulty significantly, and requires a slight lean back. The legs should be totally tight, even a slight bend in the knees is not acceptable. Also strive to keep your back flat, the chest high and elbows locked."

Now I can't understand how I should keep the shoulders in executing this exercise! I can't keep the scapula , the shoulders externally rotated and chest high.

I would like to know how you are able to overcome this difficulty! Maybe you can post some pictures or videos as an example, so I can better understand the position :wink:

I have the same problem also in the scapula and shoulders when I try to run a ring dips...

If you have any suggestions tell me... :D

Thank you so much

I think you are confuising and advance l-sit with a regular l-sit. Coach says in the book, when you learn the regular l-sit it is ok for your back to be slightly rounded. When you push you hips forward in the advanced verision it is almost impossible to keep your back rounded, but if you truly cant, pulling your shoulders back and down and that should correct the problem

Yes, maybe I'm confused because my english is horrible! However, that sentence of the coach sommer was on the forum of Ross Enamait. I see from the pictures in the book that in the regular L-sit it's ok for my back to be slightly rounded. But I don't understand what must be the position of the shoulder blades, and if the chest should be up and outside or not! Because my problem is to send the chest up and shoulders back...