Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Groin pan, aductor or psoas.

fireman

Hi,

A few weeks ago i started to practise round-off in gymnastics lessons. The first day i practise a lot, and i usually throw my left leg, and jump with my right foot. The next day, when we started to train it again, a feel a disconfort in my groin zone (Maybe aductor or psoas). At the begining I thought that it was only soreness but now i still have pain, so i think that it could be some muscle, tendon inflamation. What do you think about? I haven't got problems for most things,i feel the zone a bit hurt, but i only feel real disconfort during roundats, when i throw my left leg.

Thanks you very much.

Joshua Naterman

Is it deep hip or closer to the actual groin? If you lay on your bed with legs hanging off, support with the other leg and do a passive hip flexor stretch does it hurt? If you lay on your back in a butterfly position and let the knees drop, does it hurt? Which hurts more? If both are similar you most likely have injured both iliopsoas complex and adductors. Butterfly is adductors and hip flexor stretch is iliopsoas complex, obviously.

From what you describe it could be both but I would lean towards adductors.

• Upvote 1

No, in fact it's very strange because i can do all pasive stretches without any hurt, it only hurts me in that situation, when i throw my left leg and jump with my right leg. I try to get into kick handstand position and move up and both sides my left leg while i was with my right leg semi-flexed and my upperbody directly to the floor, with my hands on the floor. I feel some disconfort if i do a cart-wheel throwing the same leg, if i throw the other i don't feel any disconfort. In addition, it could be some relation between that pain and another pain that i have in the upper and left zone of my knee. It only hurts me when i extend it. For example: I sit up on my bed with my quadriceps parallels to the floor and i try to extend the knee. I feel a little pain here in my knee. Both pains hurt me only in two situations but i thought they may be related. Thanks you very much!

Joshua Naterman
No, in fact it's very strange because i can do all pasive stretches without any hurt, it only hurts me in that situation, when i throw my left leg and jump with my right leg. I try to get into kick handstand position and move up and both sides my left leg while i was with my right leg semi-flexed and my upperbody directly to the floor, with my hands on the floor. I feel some disconfort if i do a cart-wheel throwing the same leg, if i throw the other i don't feel any disconfort. In addition, it could be some relation between that pain and another pain that i have in the upper and left zone of my knee. It only hurts me when i extend it. For example: I sit up on my bed with my quadriceps parallels to the floor and i try to extend the knee. I feel a little pain here in my knee. Both pains hurt me only in two situations but i thought they may be related. Thanks you very much!

I could help much better in person, this is too detailed to try and do online unfortunately! You could have soft tissue problems that need to be worked out or there could be any number of postural alterations that could be leading to this, or you may just be aggravating an injury that has not fully healed. I just can't say without taking a look myself.

Too many ways for typed words to miss important meanings... good luck!