Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A new SSC, making sure I'm correct

305pelusa

Hello everyone!

So I tested most of my exercises, did the pre-requisites for a month (I can easily hold them all for 60 secs+), and this is what my routine would look like:

Day A:

1) Start with Wrist conditioning, then shoulder mobility, then warm-up with the pre-reqs.

2) Do 4 rounds of:

- 8 sec Tuck Planche

- 15 sec Adv. Tuck Fl

- 30 sec STW HS

- 30 sec German Hang

^Yes, the hold times are based on 50% of my max. I don't rest between FSPs, but I'll rest 1 min between rounds.

3) Pair One-arm Pull-ups with Ring dips.

4) Leg+ core work.

Day B:

1) Start with wrist conditioning, then warm-up with the pre-reqs.

2) Do 4 rounds of:

- 8 sec Tuck Planche

- 15 sec Adv. Tuck Fl

- 15 sec L-sit

- 30 sec German Hang

^Again, all based on my 50% max

3) Pair One-arm Chin-ups with Ring dips

4) Do grip training by hanging with towels from bar (this covers my hanging work as well), coupled with RTO support holds.

5) Leg + Core work.

I'll do Day A and Day B both twice a week, for a total of 4 days of exercise a week.

Just ONE question!

1) Both Days are close to the same thing. BUT, one of them has L-sits, and the other HSs. I read HSs should be trained twice a week, and L-sits 2-3 times a week. However, stuff like Pls, Fls, and Bls (which I'm working with GHs) can be trained 4 times a week in BtGB and in Killroy's template. Is that fine??

I just need to know if this is fine, a good idea, or the possible changes. I wanted to add HS presses in the next cycle, since my HS is still not that amazing just yet. Thanks for the help!

Gymnasts of all ages do L's and HS and press HS every day in the gym all around the world.

If you start to notice your elbows getting sore, get rid of doing one arm pullups and do some other pull work. Either a multiplane pull or a bulgarian row or pullup.

I'd probably rearrange the 4 days a week of ring dips as well. Use 1 day to just horizontal pushing (pseudo planche pushups or wall maltese pushups, etc) and perhaps one day of some sort of handstand pushup. Do 2 days of the dipping and one day of each of the other type of pushing

Gymnasts of all ages do L's and HS and press HS every day in the gym all around the world.

If you start to notice your elbows getting sore, get rid of doing one arm pullups and do some other pull work. Either a multiplane pull or a bulgarian row or pullup.

I'd probably rearrange the 4 days a week of ring dips as well. Use 1 day to just horizontal pushing (pseudo planche pushups or wall maltese pushups, etc) and perhaps one day of some sort of handstand pushup. Do 2 days of the dipping and one day of each of the other type of pushing

Unfortunately, I did not have such good control on Handstand work just yet, so I did not want to include it at least for now. One-arm Push-ups and One-arm Chin-ups are in my list of "bettering and correcting form", hence their inclusion.

I will bump up the L-sits to have them on all of those 4 days though. I cannot train HSs and L-sits daily, but 4 times a week, I cna definitely manage.

I also like the idea of PPPUs. My Pl is definitely far from good (18 sec Tuck Pl is my best), so I'll definitely add those at least once a week as my pushing move.

Thanks for the help!!

Doing 1 day as a horizontal and another as an inverted push is just a way to round out pushing while focusing on dipping.