Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche Wrist Problems/Solutions?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I have an Adv. Frog 30s for Planche. Everytime I come off of it my wrists kill me. I do wrists pre/re-hab like hell but planche training kills my wrists. It hurts less then before when I never did pre/re-hab but it does not solve the problem it seems. It solved it for my Box Press HS and HS holds.

Do I have to deal with it and my wrists will adjust. Do I need more pre/re-hab for wrists? Anyone can help me out?

I was thinking of staying with Adv. Frog 30s (because that is the only intensity I can handle because of my forearms) until my forearms get used to it.

Which direction do your fingers face when doing the planche work? Sometimes a slight change there will be sufficient to relieve the pain. How often are you performing the wrist series, and for how many sets? Are you meticulous on technique? This will make a tremendous difference in results.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Cory my fingers are pointing 45 degrees towards outside.

I am meticulous on technique. I am preforming twice a week = shoulder, elbow, wrists the complete series

Knees are doing much better and i have reduced to once a week

I have found through experience that a daily frequency of three slow wrist sets yields best results. When I began to over-stress my wrists a while back doing handstands, I initially backed off on frequency and found the problem persisted and grew worse. The above frequency solved my issues rapidly; and on some days I even added a second round of sets during idle periods. Focus on getting the tissue warmed up through those three sets--you should feel a significant difference between set one and the end of set three.

Have you played with other angles such as 90 degrees outward? Ultimately I'd say go with what feels best on the wrists while allowing you to keep completely straight arms.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Cory,

Thanks I'll increase my sets and frequency to three.

The only angles I've done with hands straigth and 45.. I'll try 90..I know however reverse like planche pushups position does not hurt but is that ok for planche static hold?

Piotr Ochocki

Do you mean fingers pointing back (towards your toes)?, if so yes, you can use this position, this places more stress on biceps/tendon as well.

What I do for fingers forward position is to place something (usually my flip flops, can also be book, etc( under back of the hand to elevate it higher than fingers which are still on the floor, this decreases angle - and gets wrist back to the comfortable position, so I can do it fingers forward with no pain.