Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wall Extensions related

Alexis Solis

Quick question:

My LEFT shoulder is so inflexible that I can't even do wall extensions on the floor. Is it ok if I use a weight of say, 1.5 Kg. to "push" my hand to the floor and another weight of 10Kg. to keep my back flat on the floor? :shock:

I can do them very well with the right shoulder, and when I use the weights, I feel much more work on the right side. (remember that I'm using weights only on the left shoulder). So I was wondering, is using the weights productive or counter productive? Should I keep trying without the weights? :(

I filmed myself, hope the video helps you see the problem! If not, let me know and I'll make another one!

Without the 1.25 Kg Weight:

With the 1.25 Kg Weight:

I don't personally see any problem with you using the weight. It clearly gave you a larger range of motion and better movement as well. 1.5 kg is pretty light if it were more i might have questions, but at that weight you should be safe.

If your back is coming off the floor, your spine is overextended. Basically means your hip flexors are tight, and you need to unglue your thoracic spine, pectoral, and anterior deltoid muscles. Working those areas will give you a better wall extension. Thats what is preventing you from keeping your wrist flat on the ground.