Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick question related to the WODs

Alexis Solis

Suppose that on Monday you were so busy that you couldn't do the WOD. But you really want to do it, but now it is Tuesday and as such, you have to do the Tuesday's WOD. Question is:

Is it advisable to do two WODs on the same day? Yes, no? Why?

(note that it should be considered that you work your FSP BEFORE each WOD)

Hello,

I asked Coach Sommer a similar question a while ago.

Me:hey all,

I was thinking about it last night (but over thinking things is not uncommon for me), is the WOD only if you don't have your own workout plan set up. Or should i do the WOD as a warm up to my SSC, or would that just be rediculous?

Coach: If you are able to perform the GB WOD as a warmup prior to another workout, than you have failed to properly scale the GB WOD.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

What I get out of that, is the WOD should make you very tired if you are doing it correctly. So if you did try and do two of them, you would not being doing one or both to your full potential, therefore there is not point. I think if you really wanted to do the one from yesterday, do the one from yesterday, who cares. When i did them i used to do that if i missed a day. But you will probably get the most benifits out of jsut doing the one to your greatest capacity then doing two of them at less then that.

hope this helps

-Ian

Adam Bodestyne

If your workouts were spaced apart with sufficient nutrition and rest, I imagine you could probably do two. For example, doing one in the morning, and the other in the evening.

Back-to-back? I think I'd be wrecked. :P

It's possible with some, like doing the HS and Leg WOD's in the same workout.

I wouldn't do it with say RingStr/EmbeddedStr +Dynamic Pull/Push. I've played with DyPush+DynPull and it's a ballbuster and not something I would recommend either.