Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Time for the Planche

haui

hello

i read in this forum since 1 year and got a lot of very good tips for my training.

in December last year i decided to learn the planche.

now i can hold the adv. Tuck Planche for 6 seconds. It is a hard way. :lol:

I do the excercises for planche 3 times a week.

I want to know how long you have trained for the planche (Straddle) and how often you do exercises for it.

I trained for it for a year using a steady state cycle method and I can hold a straddle planche on parallettes for 5s+ but only 1-2s on floor and rings at the moment.

let me add also that when I started, I couldn't even hold a frog stand for 2 seconds without falling out of it.

Thanks for the answer.

i also use the steady state cycle method.

Can you tell me which exercises you have done for the planche

for the first four months, I used a steady state cycle for three static holds (front lever, planche and back lever) as a warm up, then did bodyweight exercises in different combinations depending on the day - horizontal pushing exercise day, horizontal pulling, vertical pushing, vertical pulling and a combined pulling/pressing day. I used that to build up strength and to better understand how to scale exercises. From there, I have been doing the WODs primarily, taking a week off here and there to do my own weighted pullup/dip/muscle up stuff, or because of vacations.

as for specific exercises to build up to a planche, i recommend that you worry about becoming well rounded and let the planche come when it does. pseudo planche pushups, planche leans, the scaled planche holds (frog stand, adv frog stand etc) are exercises that directly relate to holding the planche, but there is definitely benefit in working your front lever and back lever to develop strength through your back and abs, which is important for holding a planche.

if you're using a steady state cycle, i recommend alternating between planche leans and scaled planche holds. the carry-over of planche leans is fantastic, and as long as your workouts or other SSCs have you building strength in your back and abs, you'll definitely see improvements from planche leans.

if you're using a steady state cycle, i recommend alternating between planche leans and scaled planche holds. the carry-over of planche leans is fantastic, and as long as your workouts or other SSCs have you building strength in your back and abs, you'll definitely see improvements from planche leans.

Great tip! thanks :)

Thanks rmandawg1 for the Info.

then i think i'm on the right way.

I know that it takes a lot of time to learn the plansche but I#M surprised that it is soo hard for me.

But i will never give up .

as i started in december 2010 i can hold the Forg for 1-2 seconds.

now i can hold the adv. Tuck planche for 8 seconds.