Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question on Bower Progression

StevenL

Can you detail some numbers on each exercise?

For example - How many reps should you be able to complete in good form before progressing? How long should a static hold be?

Thanks for any help.

I would think that you should get through all or most of the planche progressions, along with having press handstand competence before trying these...

I would think that you should get through all or most of the planche progressions, along with having press handstand competence before trying these...

NO!

It's way easier then the planche and it works with diffrent muscles and with diffrent angles on muscle, so planche don't have anything in common.

You can work this togheter with planche, seperate,...So it's quite your choice what to do.

What are you thinking for progression of bowers??

Static holds are usualy is 3-5sec...depends on a exercise and wat you want to do with it...

I would say planche progression has something to do with it, because of the shoulder strength, I would work different range push ups, and work your core because as you see in the video he acts as a lever and pulls off the floor.

I would think dive-bomber push ups would be useful if you've heard of them.

krbryk, I am certain that bowers are much easier than planches. I am also sure that working the planche would probably strengthen your shoulders for a bower(they are also called hollow back presses).

Gregor, I am just planning to follow the progression for the move that Coach Sommer outlined, but I was not sure how proficient at each stage I should become before moving on to the next. I can lower into the bottom position pretty slowly, but I can't even begin to press back up.

David Picó García

i would suggest to try it on paralettes as you have more range to move and its easier to go up again and then progress to floor. at least is easier to to arrive to a shoulder stand, i dont have enough strength to do full rom handstand pushups so i cant return to handstand. For me the progression is easier from handstand to floor and try to return before arrive (without touching) to floor.

I have low back pain (hernia) so i cant do explosive movements than involve that part of the body, so the progression suggested for the chest roll to handstand it's not good for me :cry:

Oh I get it, you want to do a bower for sholders :oops: especialy lowering...

More forward you go with the sholders, harder is.....When you reach the point when your wrists hurt, just turn it at side position.

StevenL, when to the next step??? Try the progresion and if it's not near, just return back, no complication is needed here...So if you can't lift, then you are not near.

I'll post some exercises later today for sholders strenght for planche...