Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wall Handstands and Hand Pressure

John Dalton

Hello guys

I just wanna know whether replacing back to wall HS with stomach to wall HS is worth it. Also when you are in a free handstand, how should you apply finger pressure? I have trouble pressing from a free HeS to an HS and I don't think strength is the problem here as I can do wall HeSPUs for reps.

Thanks guys.

Hello guys

I just wanna know whether replacing back to wall HS with stomach to wall HS is worth it. Also when you are in a free handstand, how should you apply finger pressure? I have trouble pressing from a free HeS to an HS and I don't think strength is the problem here as I can do wall HeSPUs for reps.

Thanks guys.

If you are solely talking about going from a headstand to a handstand back to wall is the way to go. But you also must understand a couple of things. You must first master a free standing HS before even thinking about pressing to HS from a free HeS.

While in a free handstand ones fingers should only be used to correct balance. I.E: if you kick up to hard then your fingers are used to correct that. What you really want to strive for is feeling completely balanced but almost all your weight and balance will be in the plams of your hand.

for the HeSPU, it will take some getting used to. you have to kind of have to angle your body a tiny bit as you push yourself up which makes this exercise all the more hard.

I hope this helped

-Ian

Back to wall hespu where your back slides along the wall is an interesting drill but the path that your body moves when you do it that way is not the same as when you do it stomach to wall or free.

Free HesPU from HeS to HS is a bit tough since you are pressing out of the bottom and don't get to use a stretch reflex to push out of it.