Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More dreaming

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Sometimes you get lucky. Like me with my dream machine (for the engineers among us: ring pulley system). It just happens that with my DM my current level of strength balance and coordination allows me to train (series of 3 to 5 repetitions) of the long coveted (5 star or 6 star) ring moves from the BtGB book. Wow! It feels like winning the lottery. Only much better. After all, I did put in quite a bit of hard work to get this far (i.e. being able to do these 5 star moves with only 50% to 60% of my body weight and a lot of balancing help from the DM). Hopefully I can inspire you to try his out too. Here is a clip of me doing a series of pelican-to-HS-to-pelican moves:

cJh1pZ51iTE

• 5 weeks later...

You seem like a DM salesman! :lol:

Kidding...,the DM is an awesome tool,I love it.

Now,I use it more for straight arm work. Maltese press to Pl,is a short move but I try involve my trapezium.BL press to maltese still far for me with straight arms yet.

Other cool exercice I did is Fl to support to 3 IC press to support to FL...3 times.

I don´t know,I see vids like this one and I try to emulate some moves (from my level):

Straight arms always present!

keep working.

Cheers

My goodness that's brilliant. Both the equipment and your routine. But more the DM! I have a height clearance problem in my apartment so I had been wondering how to set up my rings such that I can do inverted moves and normal ones (eventually since I'm struggling with pushups now even) without having to take down and set up my rings all the time! Where can I get my hands on this?? (Something for the future....)

EDIT: Ok, I have looked around and I know better now what the DM is and what it does. Just wondering if I wanted to change it such that I just need to have the rings be able to go up or down based on my positions and moves (as I have a low ceiling, as mentioned), but not sacrifice on the BW % I'm hauling (all theoretical at the moment), would a similar set-up work and how do I tackle the 2nd issue? I read that Slizzardman had an idea to make an 7-point adjustable vest to adjust the CoG, so would I be correct to say that I will place this theoretical harness around my legs (ankles?) to have 100% or close to 100% of my BW? Yea, this is all just in theory but somehow fun to think about and imagine. To think that I can use this set-up to perform malteses and iron crosses etc. is truly dreaming. Aptly named "Dream Machine". :)