Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Everyone should film themselves at some point!

David Beckerman

David Beckerman

Hey all,

I just decided to trial filming my technique with the new iphone 4s (as an aside I love Siri) and to see what the camera was like. It was such an eye opener for me!! There seems to be soooooo many errors, for example I seem to protract my shoulders in the top half of the XR dip quite badly. I also noted that during my PPP my arms aren't as far back as I believe and that my back is arched much more than I believed. I am glad that I filmed it to pick up these mistakes but also a little frustrated that I am going to have to go back to real basics and fix these mistakes. It just makes me feel like I have got no where in a year of practicing it.

It's a shame I was unable to get time off for the seminar in Aus as this would have helped fix my errors but that is the nature of my job unfortunately.

Anyway I've just taken my cup of concrete to harden up! :twisted: I know there is lots of info on the web and especially on this board but I think I may go to a physio to see if there are any exercises that I can do and maybe have a further assessment so I can start laying down some decent building blocks on any other problems I have. I went back to basics with my FSPs to reach the 3 x 60s so here is my current regime:

Ido's scapula routine

Handstand practice every work out day.

Mon/Thurs (while I build up volume)

3x30s Hollow Holds, Arch Holds, German Hang, XR support (I can get my forearms off the rings at times)

Tues/ Friday

3x30s Planche leans, reverse planche, Dead Hang chin up grip

Then follow by the WOD. And some stretching post workout.

Adam Bodestyne

It absolutely does help to be able to film youself; so many times you think that you're holding yourself vertical/horizontal/hollow/etc, you look at the recording and realise that you really, really aren't. :P At least, that's what I've found (c:

It's a shame I was unable to get time off for the seminar in Aus as this would have helped fix my errors but that is the nature of my job unfortunately.

Unlucky. Hopefully there'll be another one, though, and we'll get to see you for that one.