This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Colibri's Training Log

Started by Colibri, October 17, 2011 · 96 Replies · 4,771 Views

Colibri

Sexy Saturday 22/09/2012

Finished a week's worth of work for the first time in ages. Feels good to have a job again. Now if only I could fit the GST work in a bit better. I still manage! Aaaaaah, Saturdays. Shoulders are feeling a little tight, so I'm gonna focus on them more. Taking the day off the prerequisites but who knows, I might get to them still!

Mobility/prehab work -

  • Scapular: Shoulder circles x10
    Scapular swings x10
    Scap pushups 3x10
    Scapular dislocations (belt) 3x10
    Scapular wall slides 3x10
    Planche leans (Front, Side, Back) 5 seconds x3
    Wrist novel movements
    Bridge 1x5

Might continue this later..

:twisted:

Colibri

Manic Monday 24/09/2012

FBE Work:

Pullup: 3x3

Incline pushup: 3x3

Bridge: 5x3

Pistols: 8x3

Did each FBE set in a superset.

All of the FBEs were done at a 30x1 tempo.

The Pre-requisites and mobility will come later on, just back from work.

___________________________________________

Colibri

I wonder, am I doing enough?

It does feel challenging, and I am struggling somewhat to get the last few PU reps in. I might keep what I'm doing strength wise until maybe another 3-4 weeks. Then I'll retest.

Colibri

Continued...

Prerequisites:

Plank: 32s, 32s

Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,

Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16

Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s

Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s

PB support: 32s, 32s

Mobility tomorrow. A lot of mobility tomorrow.

Colibri

Tiring Tuesday 25/09/2012


  • Prerequisites:
    Plank: 32s, 32s
    Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,
    Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16
    Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s
    Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s
    PB support: 32s, 32s

___________________________________________

Long day in work today. Hands are scratched, torn and bruised from it, but at least my grip is improving (assembling electrical boards for schools/retail shops/hotels.

Getting in the mobility later..

Colibri

Also, does anyone have any tips for keeping the lower back in contact with the floor during a hollow hold?

Colibri

PPS. The prerequisites are getting easier. Must be from the daily practise. Friggin' love it. I'm experiencing my first proper strength gains :)

Colibri

Continued..

Mobility/prehab work -


  • Scapular: Shoulder circles x10
    Scap pushups 3x10
    Scapular dislocations (belt) FG 2x10, DG 2x10
    Scapular wall slides 3x10
    Planche leans (Front, Side, Back) 5 seconds x3
1x10 (done on knees, moderate tempo)

I'm experiencing some sort of grinding feeling in my right side when I do the shoulder wall slides. It was a lot worse but in the last week, it's gotten a lot better. Now feels like a slight click when I lower my arms. Somewhere between the end of my right latissimus dorsi and my external oblique. It could be in a different area altogether but that's where I think I can feel it.

Good rest day of training now. Strength training tomorrow. Reading up on Intensification & Accumulation. Interesting.

Colibri

[Wednesday 26/09/2012


  • Prerequisites:
    Plank: 32s, 32s
    Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,
    Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16
    Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s
    Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s
    PB supportL 32s, 32s
    FBE & Mobility:
    Pullup: 3x3
    Incline pushup: 3x3
    Bridge: 5x3
    Pistols: 8x3
    Dorsal pushups 2x10
    Scapular wall slides 1x10
    Scapular dislocations:
    • Front Grip 1x10;
      Dorsal Grip 1x10

Did each FBE set in a superset. The mobility was added in between sets, wherever I could add it in.

All of the FBEs were done at a 30x1 tempo.

___________________________________________

Electrical job finished today, working in Argos for Christmas now. Starting tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my FBE work up.

Colibri

That felt goood!

I think my BAS is getting better..

Colibri

Thursday 26/09/2012

Prerequisites:

Plank: 32s, 32s

Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,

Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16

Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s

Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s

PB support: 32s, 32s

Mobility before bed. Dinner time :D

Colibri

I did some mobility not long after my last post:

Written in no particular order or sequence,

  • Dorsal Pushups (knees, hands not fully turned in) 1x10'
    Scapular pushups 2x10;
    Scapular wall slides 2x10;
    Planche leans:
    FRONT 1x5 second
    SIDES 1x5 second
    BACK 1x5 second

How is this for a mobility session?

Colibri

The Friday Feeling 28/9/2012

FBE:

Pullup: 3x3

Incline pushup: 3x3

Bridge: 5x3

Pistols: 8x3

Done before work, all at a 30x1 tempo. BAS increasing alright. Maybe at the end of next week, I'll step it up a bit. Took about 20 minutes, done in supersets. Mobility and prereqs later this evening.

To anyone reading, what are your thoughts?

Colibri

Sore Sunday 30/09/2012


  • Prerequisites:
    Plank: 32s, 32s
    Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,
    Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16
    Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s
    Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s
    PB support: 32s, 32s

Had some bad food yesterday, don't feel great today. Damn gluten.

Colibri

Movie Monday 24/09/2012

FBE Work:

Pullup: 3x3

Incline pushup: 3x3

Bridge: 5x3

Pistols: 8x3

Did each FBE set in a superset.

All of the FBEs were done at a 30x1 tempo.

Prerequisites:

Plank: 32s, 32s

Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,

Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16

Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s

Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s

PB support: 32s, 32s

anyone see looper yet?

Colibri

Wednesday 4/10/2012


  • Prerequisites:
    Plank: 32s, 32s
    Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,
    Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16
    Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s
    Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s
    PB supportL 32s, 32s
    FBE:
    Pullup: 3x3
    Incline pushup: 3x3
    Bridge: 5x3
    Pistols: 8x3
    All of the FBEs were done at a 30x1 tempo. For the pullups, I added a 30 second eccentric on the last rep of each set. My biceps felt like they were trying to escape from my skin :D

___________________________________________

Colibri
Colibri said:
That Friday Feeling 05/10/2012


  • Prerequisites:
    Plank: 32s, 32s
    Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,
    Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16
    Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s
    Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s
    PB support: 32s, 32s
    FBE:
    Pullup: 3x3 reps
    Incline pushup: 3x4 reps - last rep had a 10 second eccentric
    Bridge: 3x5 reps
    Pistols: 3x8 reps each leg
    All of the FBEs were done at a 30x1 tempo in a superset. For the pullups, I added a 30 second eccentric on the last rep of each set.

Felt fantastic today with my workout, thanks to everyone in the Nutrition forum threads. Little bits of advice here and there helped me formulate something that really helped. Felt strong today for the first time in a long time :D

Colibri

Stronger Saturday 6/10/2012


  • Prerequisites:
    Plank: 32s, 32s
    Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,
    Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16
    Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s
    Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s
    PB support: 32s, 32s

Love the nutrition change. Can see changes already! I need to do more mobility again. Maybe 10-20mins before bed each night.

Colibri

Could do 10 chinups consecutively this morning, 1-2 sec concentric & eccentric. This is a big thing for me!

Colibri

Today was an off day/a change from my scheduled workouts and nutrition. Had peanut butter ice cream, win. Got a LOT to do tonight so instead of my planned post/pre/intra workout nutrition, I'm just eating enough protein and carbs to suit my needs.

Got in a different type of workout though, a change again from the Gymnastic Strength Training™:

  • 5 (30x1 tempo) x Pullups
    5 TV deadlifts (it's an old Sony TV, fairly heavy - more fuckarounditis than anything really)
    5 (30x1 tempo) x Chinups
    5 Pseudo Planche Pushups
    3 full ROM pistols on each leg
    5 (30x1 tempo) x Neutral grip chins
    5 Pseudo Planche Pushups
    5 dips (was testing my clavicles, still hurt when I do them)

Amazing. I feel so much stronger than before and I'm only 3 weeks into my GST training. My forearms showed me new veins I have never seen before after the PPPs :D

LOL

Colibri

Multivitamin Monday 15/10/2012


  • Prerequisites:
    Plank: 32s, 32s
    Reverse Plank: 35s, 35s,
    Arch/superman hold: 16, 16, 16, 16
    Hollow hold: 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s
    Chin hollow hang: 32s, 32s
    PB support: 32s, 32s
    FBE:
    Pullup: 1 x 4 reps - last rep had a 30 second eccentric
    Diamond pushup: 1 x 4 reps - last rep had a 10 second eccentric
    Bridge: 2 x 10 seconds
    Pistols: 1 x 8 reps each leg, 2021 tempo
    3 rounds of the above ^
    All of the FBEs were done in a superset.

Back to it again after an absolutely hectic week with work and shopping for my girlfriend's 21st on Saturday :D Nutrition was fine except for yesterday, but I am already back eating how I should! Bought multivitamins and vitamin D too, having one of each every day.

Colibri

Again, an absolutely HECTIC week. Got as much in as I could.

When I post from now on, automatically presume the prereqs are being done :)

Warmup - Prereqs, Wing Chun punching drills, shoulder wall slides, lat activation work

3 pullups 3020 tempo w/, last rep 30sec eccentric (Added 5kg in a backpack for this)

3 dips 2010 tempo

8 assisted pistols each leg (thigh parallel to floor) 2020 tempo

x 3

Pullups were hopefully all trademarked "perfect pullups". Lat activation, shoulder retraction, back arch, etc. I can tell now that I am weak :D