Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the "wrist series" / "wrist routine"

Robert Chapman

Robert Chapman

Can someone point me to what the actual Coach Sommer wrist routine is?

I've seen the thread/video about Dorsal/Wrist pushups, and also the video about wrist stretches from ForwardMotionPT.

Thanks.

Liquid steel (Coach's unreleased book) will provide all of the information you need when it comes out. As of right now, the link you posted of the wrist push ups as well as some other peoples ideas, and maybe some videos on youtube are your best bet right now

Adam Bodestyne

For now, just some links to things already on the forum:

Here he mentions:

There are entire series of movements that I use with my athletes for wrist conditioning in one combination or another on a DAILY basis. Some involve dumbbell work, some involve work hanging from a single bar and some are pushup variations. All of the various movements are detailed in the my upcoming book Liquid Steel™, however I will introduce you to two of the pushup variations that I use with my athletes.

... ..

And later in the thread:

Also, I recommend that you review the video that BlairBob posted which contains my floor wrist series in its entirety. Begin with Dorsal Pushups, then Wrist Pushups, then First Knuckle, then Finger Pushups and finally Fingertip Hopping.

The video being referred to I believe is

, and presumably you've already seen the post on Wrist Pushups, and Dorsal Pushups

Bruno Cochofel
That series is missing 3 of the pushup varieties in the wrist series.

is there any video of the missing varieties?

Is it supposed to warm-up with all those exercises? Something like:

and then 10 reps of each of the 5 pushups variations from the url above?

No, that video only shows 3 of the wrist series, the fingertip pushups, what I call MCP (metacarpalphalangeal) pushups that some call "first knuckle" pushups, and the dorsal pushups that go from back of wrist to fist.