Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

l-sit help needed!

pepsiaddict

Hi!

What is the best way to improve your l-sit? I can now do about 6 s. l-sit on a good day but only 1-3 s. on a bad day. I have been training for the l-sit for the last 4 months with only light progress. So little help needed here, thank you!

Best way is to train it a lot.

I find, doing it for 60s time interval may work.

It might help to work support tuck instead or puck( knees bent, hips piked ).

Supplemental:

lot of active hip flexor pike stretches

L hang/tuck hang

leg lifts are of some help

obviously, you need to be able to identify the weak point: support (triceps/lats/shoulders), abs, or hip flexor/quads.

Guest Garre33

I think I'm strong enough to do the L sit or close to it for a few seconds, but I'm just not flexible enough... I can't even sit down on the floor in a pike position with my legs straight... :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

when i first attempted the L sit i could barely hold it for 1 sec. so i just did the tucked L and worked my way up from 10 secs to 60 secs. now i can do a full L sit for about 20 secs.

at first it found my triceps couldn't hold for very long. now its my hip flexors that are giving out before my triceps when i do the full L sit. coach's progression worked perfectly for me.

on the flexibility part, i can touch my toes doing a static stretch, but i'm not strong enough to hold the pike position very long actively so i think it has something to do with active flexibility vs passive flexibility from what i've learned here on the forums.

btw i just noticed your username. LoL i to am a huge lover of high fructose corn syrup, but the kind made by coca cola. i'll probably get flamed for admitting that, but i'm trying to ween myself off of all my bad eating habits haha

Well actually i drink pepsi max but it would have been too long name: pepsimaxaddict.

I will start training harder again from next monday on and i have to take that tucked l-sit to my program. i was planning to train for 6 weeks hard and then take one week rest and try the new max.

I'm going to do l-sit holds on my computer desk because that alouds me to take longer reps. Though my legs will go below parallel the longer i hold that position but besides that i think it's the same l-sit. Any comments on that?

You can use that as a progression.

L-sit with legs a little below paralell and later you can lift them higher and higher! That way you can keep on improving. It is a nice to way to train for L-sit on floor.

Do the tucked L sit with your thighs parallel but you can extend your forelegs up to 45 degrees below parallel. If this is still cramping your quads/hip flexors or is too hard, just let them hang down vertically.

Work on your hamstring flexibility, it'll help make the l-sit easier...

best exercise i've found for helping stretch those hams is this:

standing straight with your legs together, put a rolled up towel or pillow between your legs. Elevate your toes about an inch or two (use a book, brick, block, whatever) off of the ground while your heels stay on the ground. Then, lean forward and touch your toes, while maintaining pressure on the towel, allowing your knees to bend as needed for 10-12 reps. Each rep try to bend your legs less and less, but make sure you touch your toes.

After that elevate your heels while your toes rest on the ground, repeat the process.

For me personally, I've never been able to touch my toes, not even when I was playing soccer for years on end and stretching before and after practice a few days a week... but after doing this for a few months I can touch my toes on command, even if I'm not warmed up at all. My next step is getting the back of my palms on the ground :)