Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BTGB+weightlifting

Wheelson

Hey guys I've been doing the gymnastic bodies protocol for a while now, but at 6'0'' and 160 lbs I can't help but to wonder what my body would be capable of if I packed on another 10-15 lbs of lean muscle mass. I would like to increase the strength of my entire body, and stop under-training my legs as I have due to fear of stalling in my progressions. I would like to increase my all around muscularity for a cycle and then see what happens from there, but I don't want to neglect nor lose my gymnastic strength/ abilities.

So, to the crux of my question. I have two different ideas, but I don't know which is more plausible or would be more affective.

-the first, I was wondering if I could, with some help, fine tune the wod's to help put on some mass, and I'd probably substitute barbell training for leg days.

-or the second, I was thinking of trying the stronglifts or a similar routine for a cycle, but still work my static skills and muscle ups so I still progress in them. I was hoping someone could offer advice for this option as well.

I plan on doing lean gains for a while because so far I like it and it controls my voracious appetite.

possible wod plan: add to the end of each workout

pushing: 3x3-5 of weighted dips/ppp + 3x3 hespu (I would alternate dips and ppp each week)

Pulling: 3x3-5 front pulls

basic strength: 3x3-5 weighted chins/ pullup (alternate each week)

ring strength: 5x3 assisted one arm chin

handstand: 3x3-5 hespu

leg days: I'll be substituting barbell work for the wod on leg days.

Does this seem sound, or would I benefit more from 5/3/1, starting strength, strong lifts, or a similar traditional workout plan that I did not list in conjunction with my steady state statics cycle?

Thanks for the replies this is my first time planning something like this, so I'm not sure what to do/expect.

any input is greatly appreciated :D

What is more important to you? The gymnastic skills or your legs not falling behind. That might help to decide what kind of plan to take. Personally, I lean toward using leg days as barbell strength days. You might need more to grow though.

My main goal is growth to be honest I want to put on mass while decreasing my body fat percentage. I was wondering which protocol would put the most evenly dispersed muscle on my frame/what would make me stronger in the 8 week cycle. I've been doing the wods for a long time now my body may just need new stimulus for a few weeks, or some additional efforts

edit: I've implemented supplementary work in conjunction to the wods in the past two weeks. I am definitely seeing improvements in strength. I think I'll be trying to alter the wods to my needs and goals, and I'll tweak and improve from the plan I have laid out. any additional help in rounding out my supplemental work is greatly appreciated