Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SHOULDER impingment

Ian Legrow

I believe form what i have researched i have shoulder impingment. I have also developed some tightness and scar tissue. I haev been trying to reasearch ART so i can possibly heal it as well as SLizz's shoulder video. Unfortunately, i don't have any money and my insurance sucks, so a chiropractor is out ofthe question...does anybody have any techinques i could maybe try, or am i jsut going to have to stop doing gymnastics until i can get it fixed

Richard Duelley

Read up on self mobilization/message. Basically it involves some kind of ball or foam roller or both, your body weight and lots of pain (if you are doing it right 8) ). I use an oversized tennis ball dog toy, its basically a softball, with tennis ball fuzz on the outside and cost like $2 at a local pet shop. I find a tennis ball to be to soft most of the time but a tennis ball is useful for pinpoint accuracy. The self mobilization helped me a great deal when I was taking care of my carpal tunnel (when I was a grad student) and to help with my tendonitis in my shoulder (a few years ago now and it hasn’t come back!). I do it whenever I feel particularly beat from working out to help with recovery. I should do it way more often than I do.

Ok Sweet! i was worried i would have to stop, and if you had shoulder tendonitus as well (which is what should impingment is according to experts) then i will do everything i can

There is a good deal of info on this, both here and on the net. Slizz, others, and myself have made numerous posts on the subject so check them out.

Ido's band routines contain some classic shoulder therapy exercises and will give some ideas that should be part of your complete program.

Thank you Mr Brady. i have actually followed all of your advice, both yours slizz's and various things i have seen on the net. I have done slizz's shoulder pain video, i have done ido's shoudler routine for a while now, very thoroughly and nothing has really helped. I don't have good form with handstands, so i am going to stop doing them for a bit. After talking with my wife last night i realize that i can try ART and other realease techniques, but i didn't do anything about making my shoulder better until a month after i started doing gymnastics and i hurt my shoulder about 8 mnths before that. But becasue of lack of money i will d band work and stretch it, and ice it. i will keep thank you posted :)

-Ian