Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is the wall handstand necessary?

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

hi, i want to share with you my strange experience.

many post on this forum talking about the importance to develop a solid handstand, in particulary Coach Sommer said that is a good idea spend 10 minutes on handstand 2-3 times a week! now i am in strange situation because i don't know if is sensated continue to train hs at the wall..

simply in the past 5 months i never did wall handstand because i usually do at the end of the session but with work and university i was to much tired so i stopped to do it!

but during my workout i usually do hs on rings, and now i can hold the hs here with foot along inside the straps with turned out hands for 30 secs without problems, i usually perform 3 set of 30 sec, if i don't turn out my hands i can easily hold it for more than 1 minute!

yesterday for me was the breaking day and as i do before train the skill i did free handstand i was surprised when i saw that i had held it for 1 minute an 30 sec and i wasn't tired!

so today i did only for my curiosity a set of wall handstand and i did 2 minutes and 57 seconds! i can't believe it when i did the count on the clock but in fact i listened the start and the end of a song that is about 3 minutes and 15 seconds...

i don't know if there is a correlation between the hs on rings and wall hs but at this point i don't know if i had to continue to train the wall hs or increase the hs on rings produces the same gain of strength end endurance as the wall hs.. what do you think is the best choice?!

Alessandro Mainente

i don't do it for the form, i had just use it in the past to make my handstand correct and it worked very well, now i think can helps me only to gain volume and endurance...