Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else... 2 days workout, 1 day rest?

chingyvang

I've been working out the same muscle group 2 days in a row followed by 1 days rest, then repeat. Anyone else have a similar routine? Because i find my reps increasing faster this way as opposed to working out every other day. I've only been doing this for 3 weeks and want to see how it goes in the long run

I've done similar stufff before, and yeah it works! And there are people who work out the same muscles, like 5 days a week and also get results. I guess it also depends on intensity and other factors.

Honestly I feel like ANY method or program can work, as long as you are 1) consistent 2) allow your body rest and proper nutrition for your needs and 3) work out progressively

Is it optimal? I don't know.. But yeah, it's sort of the same as working out the same muscles twice a day. It can definitely work... :)

Keep it up.. let us know how it works out for ya :)

Nicholas Sortino
Good to know im not the only one. It's working so well that I'm gonna bump it up to 3 days in a row and see how it goes

Tons of people follow that schedule. Crossfit is the first that comes to mind. Almost any schedule will work as long as you are consistent and allow enough time for recovery (this is very dependent on you).

Chinese gymnasts do 6 or 7 days, 8 hours per day, if I remeber right... then they rest the next week and then start again the masochism... They are real life saiyans :lol: ...

Alessandro Mainente

i train six days a week 3-4 hours a day dor 3 weeks and in the 4th i usaully cut in half the volume or the intensity,

dependeing by your level of conditioning, by the capcacity of reload of your body! personally i think that if you train for the strength you can train a body parts 3-4 times a week without problem, this is what i do and in one of these 3-4 days i do special stregth work...in this way i gain strength passing in the pull up from 100% bodyweigth pull up to 130% bodyweigth pullup in one year..

GB WOD runs on 2 days on 1 off with the weekend to cardio and flexibility.

3 days on can be rough. But I'm not talking about just doing skill work. Most gymnasts can work up the point of coming in and doing skill work 5-6 days a week but that doesn't mean they are hitting it hard on the S&C every day or working certain areas hard. I doubt anyone is trying to say squat every day (unless they're doing something exotic like the Bulgarian program which they work up to OVER LOTS OF TIME).

Personally I like MTu on, something light on Wed, ThF on and something on Sat or Sun. But generally it's something way different. I might go do some CF per say on Sat/Sun just making sure to go light or perhaps some parkour on Sun or rowing/swimming, etc.

I think you all get the drift. Doing ring strength 4-5 days in a row would be insane.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

i used to work the same group two days and rest, as you mention, and i was always sore and tired.

Then i realised that it would be a good option to divide into more groups for training more days, and i have got more advance in a lot of things...

GB WOD runs on 2 days on 1 off with the weekend to cardio and flexibility.

3 days on can be rough. But I'm not talking about just doing skill work. Most gymnasts can work up the point of coming in and doing skill work 5-6 days a week but that doesn't mean they are hitting it hard on the S&C every day or working certain areas hard. I doubt anyone is trying to say squat every day (unless they're doing something exotic like the Bulgarian program which they work up to OVER LOTS OF TIME).

Personally I like MTu on, something light on Wed, ThF on and something on Sat or Sun. But generally it's something way different. I might go do some CF per say on Sat/Sun just making sure to go light or perhaps some parkour on Sun or rowing/swimming, etc.

I think you all get the drift. Doing ring strength 4-5 days in a row would be insane.

Blairbob,

This school year I'm second coach in my freerun/parkour class, and I will have some access to gymnastic facility once in a week / two weeks. Can I handle the WODs, freerun-parkour on Wed, and gymnastic skill work (swings, rings, parralel bars, tumbling) on saturday? I think I can handle that as long is I keep myself hydrated, eat alot and sleep a lot.

My sessions are done 4 days a week, mon, tue, thur and fri- I do the same static positions in every session, but they are done in accordance with a steady state cycle- I have different FBE's from the previous day generally, as these are done not till faliure- but somewhere near that!

I do technically work pulling do days consecutively though, as I go Bouldering (climbing) the day before one of my pulling days- I'v not noticed any problems with it.

Robert Stejskal

I do the same same thing Monday&Thursday and Tuesday&Friday. Rest Wednesday. I run everyday after my "gymnastic bodies" workout. I play tennis on the weekend.