This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MH87's log

Started by MH87, September 7, 2011 · 152 Replies · 8,217 Views

MH87

edited out pics

MH87

December 31

AM Fasted state LISS cardio 2 km

January 1

AM Fasted state LISS cardio 3 km

January 2

AM Fasted state LISS cardio 2 km

4:00-4:40 pm

4x15 chin ups

2x back lever flat tuck

evening LISS cardio 5 km

MH87

January 4

7:00-7:30 pm

5 Muscle ups

5 Failed attempts

7:30-8:00 pm

3x Front lever flat tuck

3x Back lever flat tuck

then a PWO whey shake, waited 10 mins and did LISS cardio 6.5 km.

January 6

warm up:

2x hollow body position holds on floor

2x10 shoulder dislocation sets with band

4:30-4:55 pm

3x Planche tuck on floor

3x L-sit on floor

3x Ring Support Position hold

4:55-5:40 pm

5x Front Lever flat tuck

5x Back Lever flat tuck

No 360 pulls today

MH87

January 7

AM Fasted state LISS cardio 2.5 km

4:05 -4:55 pm

8 Muscle ups

2 failed attempts

Rikke Olsen

Yet another Dane! :D Funny thing is we're the same height - I'm just 10 kg lighter, lol.

Pics aren't looking bad (and that's coming from a girl ;))

I too decided to get back into Coach Sommer's WODs. It wasn't until I began training again, that I realised how much I benefited from them back in time. I don't keep a log here, though...

1 min handstand, huh? That's pretty neat! I can only do 30 sec - and that's on a good day :roll:

Rock on! :D

MH87

Hehe :wink: thanks for the encouragement. Do you keep a log somewhere else? :)

Rikke Olsen

Yup, but it's not really just a training log, but sort of turned into an everything-life log. I've kept my log there for a few years, actually, so we kinda know each other there. It's called BodyWeightCulture.com; I really like it there - I've made lots of old people :mrgreen:, and a few my age whom I've made "friends" with :)

MH87

Hehe alright, that's cool, I'll check it out later if I can find it :) got the same name there?

Rikke Olsen
MH87 said:
Hehe alright, that's cool, I'll check it out later if I can find it :) got the same name there?
Pretty much on all forums/sites with registration required :mrgreen:
MH87

Way too much stalker-info right there!! :P I'll visit your log, if you do have pictures that is. haha. :)

January 8

warm up:

2x hollow body position holds on floor

2x10 shoulder dislocation sets with band

12:40-1:05 pm

3x Planche tuck on floor

3x L-sit on floor

3x Ring Support Position hold

1:05-1:50 pm

5x Front Lever flat tuck

5x Back Lever flat tuck

1x4 360 pulls flat tuck

+ LISS cardio 5 km

Rikke Olsen

I actually don't think I do... oh wait, in my album, I do... I'm not at all one who likes photos!

MH87

fair enough, great way to keep track of progress tho nonetheless

MH87

January 10

warm up:

2x hollow body position holds on floor

2x10 shoulder dislocation sets with band

6:30-6:55 pm

3x Planche tuck on floor

3x L-sit on floor

3x Ring Support Position hold

6:55-7:40 pm

5x Front Lever flat tuck

5x Back Lever flat tuck

1x4 360 pulls flat tuck

MH87

January 11

5:25-6:10 pm

5 Muscle ups

5 Failed attempts

6:10-6:35pm

5x12 chin ups

+ LISS cardio 5 km

MH87

January 12

4:35-5:00

3x Planche tuck on floor

3x L-sit on floor

3x Ring Support Position hold

5:00-5:45 pm

5x Front Lever flat tuck

5x Back Lever flat tuck

1x3, 1x4 360 pulls flat tuck

+ LISS cardio 5 km

MH87

January 13

YESSSS, its a sunny day! :)

15 mins HS work.

MH87

January 14

LISS cardio 5 km

Alright so now I've been doing my muscle ups a lil bit.. getting my body used to it, so i'm going to try racing the clock again to increase muscle up reps, and see how it goes. Still strict version of course.

I really like this kind of work-out cause you can always try to push yourself further, increasing workload in X amount of time, contra relying on being able to increase reps in the sets. So even though you aren't technically stronger than the last time you did your work out, if you want to, you can still do more work this way.

My rings are set up from the ceiling in my apartment. which I did with a buddy... and well when we did it, we had had a few beers... So the width is further than shoulder width, and they aren't even totally even hehe. Which is annoying, having to adjust them all the time never getting it perfect.. Definitely going to have to get that fixed soon, although I have gotten used to it by now, more or less. Still, just not optimal.

Lesson here: don't drink and set up rings.

5:35-6:20

13 Muscle ups

1 failed attempt :-(

6:20-6:45

5x13 chin ups

MH87

January 15

AM: fasted state LISS cardio 3 km

Evening: 5x100 meter hill sprints

MH87

January 16

5:20-5:45

3x Planche tuck on floor

3x L-sit on floor

3x Ring Support Position hold

5:45-6:30

5x Front Lever flat tuck

5x Back Lever flat tuck

1x4, 1x3 360 pulls flat tuck

+ 3x100 meter hill sprints

MH87

I've been considering making a youtube account some time in the future for vids, then I google MH87 and find out someone's already using the same name. Damn! looked like the dude was into final fantasy games tho, so I forgive him.. lol. I guess I'll switch my nick when the time comes.

Tried doing human flag today on stall bars and was surprised to see I could actually even get a hold for a second. So much better than the last time I tried where I couldn't get it locked at all. Going to be working these along with my HS work from now on. A nice solid human flag hold shouldn't be too far off. That'd be cool. :)

edit: unfortunately, no more gym time with stall-bars available.

January 17

LISS cardio 3 km

January 18

AM: 45 mins HS work + human flag

PM workout:

3:30-3:55

3x Planche tuck on floor

3x L-sit on floor

3x Ring Support Position hold

3:55-4:40 pm

5x Front Lever flat tuck

5x Back Lever flat tuck

1x2 360 pulls flat tuck - grip fail + time ran out.

Late evening: LISS cardio 5 km

MH87

January 19

3x100 meter hillsprints

January 20

AM: fasted state LISS cardio 3 km

PM workout: Slow chin ups... 5 min rests.

4:00 pm-4:20 pm

5x10 chin ups

4:25-5:00 pm

5x5 chin ups

1x10, 1x5, 1x10 chin ups

9:20-9:40 pm

1x15, 3x10, 1x5 chin ups

MH87

January 21

3:15-3:35 pm

5x10 ring dips

4:30-4:50 pm

5x10 ring dips

6:30-6:55 pm

5x10 ring dips

7:10-7:45

6x5 ring dips

Rikke Olsen

Wowsies, that's a lot of ring dips :lol:

MH87

Yup :D the last sets were definitely intense.. feeling very sore today lol, but worth it.

January 22

AM: fasted state LISS cardio 3 km

MH87

January 23

AM: 45 mins HS work + flag

PM workout:

4:10-4:35 pm

3x Planche tuck on floor

3x L-sit on floor

2x Ring Support Position hold

4:35-5:20 pm

5x Front Lever flat tuck

5x Back Lever flat tuck