Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche and FL

Erin  Roepke

I was just wondering...I tried to search for this in the forum but the search kept telling me my words were too common, so...do the planche and front lever strengthen your hip flexors? I know that the straddle l does, but i just wondered if these did too, since when you get to the straddle they seem to work everything. And if you need to do the straddle l for strong hip flexors, then would adding a straddle l to say, pullups, be good enough? Or would you actually need to do it by itself? Thanks!

yuri marmerstein

planche involves hip extension, so no

front lever involves the hip flexors, but only really in the extended positions and they are not of prime importance.

it should be the other way around, you need strong hip flexors to do the straddle L. It is a useful position, especially when you involve it in your handstand presses

straddle L pullups will not help your straddle L position, or will have little carryover if any

try sitting in a straddle, put your hands flat in the middle and while holding your hands in position lift your legs as high as you can. this is a nice way to strengthen the hip flexors. the farther your hands are from you the harder it will be.